SAI 19cm Santoku Knife SAI-03
The SAI-03 is a full sized Santoku knife. Santoku is a Japanese word meaning 'three virtues' and is used to describe the three primary functions; slicing, dicing and mincing. The shape of the knife makes it brilliant for Western style cooking as the blade is flat, deep and powerful, which makes the knife an excellent choice for cutting up heavy root vegetables, such as sweet potato, squashes and celeriac.
The GLOBAL® SAI collection follows in the same tradition as the GLOBAL Classic knives and are made in the same fashion by skilled Japanese craftsmen in Yoshikin's factory. An entirely new handle design incorporates an ergonomic thumb-rest to ease the cutting motion. The blades are crafted from special CROMOVA 18 SANSO material, comprising three layers of Stainless Steel.
The central layer with cutting edge is of CROMOVA 18 Stainless Steel, hardened to Rockwell 58-59 degrees and honed to a fine edge to give awesome cutting performance. This is sandwiched between two layers of softer SUS410 Stainless Steel material, which helps to protect the blade against chipping rusting and staining. A new, hammered finish is applied to the sides of the blade. This is not purely decorative. The air pockets resulting from this result in a better release of food being cut, giving the blade non-stick properties.
- Special three-ply blade construction made from corrosion-resistant 18/8 and CROMOVA 18 stainless steel.
- Unique convex edge of the blade makes cuts smoother, requiring less energy.
- Perfectly balanced and ergonomic handles designed in the traditional Japanese bushido way of the Samurai.
- 12.5-degree blade edge is mirror-polished by hand for exceptional long-lasting endurance.
- Unique thumb rest gives added comfort and control.
- Each blade is individually hammered by hand and designed so that small hollows create air pockets between the blade, so food elegantly falls away from the surface.
- Made in Japan.
GLOBAL guarantees any stainless steel product that it sells to be free from defect in material, construction or workmanship under normal use and following the care instructions.
This excludes damage caused by misuse or accident. The warranty extends only to the product's original purchaser. Chips in the knife blades, broken knife tips, discolouration from food and rust spots are not covered. Knife chips and broken knife tips can often be repaired by re-sharpening.
Flat rate of $9.90 (inc. GST) for all orders under $99 - Flat rate of $5.00 (inc. GST) for all orders $99 and over
Once your order is dispatched you will receive an email notification with your tracking information.
GLOBAL KNIVES® Australia aims to have all orders despatched within 2-5 working days. Please note: orders can only be shipped to Australian addresses.
ReturnsFor information on returns please go to the Shipping and Returns page
Customers Also Viewed